Sunday, March 21, 2010

"...A Mind Forever Voyaging Through Strange Seas of Thought … Alone.”

I don't think I'll be the only one who finds a moderate to above-average level of amusement in the first Apple logo. Granted, it didn't last very long. But the fact that it was. That's enough for me, even if only for a year in the 70's.
I actually remember the rainbow Apple logo from when it was widely in use, and what an improvement that was.

Anyway, I came across that short time line of the progression of the company's emblem while searching for something else, of course, which was information on a claim I heard in another class a few weeks ago; the Apple logo, apparently, inspires creativity in people simply by being exposed to it. There are several articles out there (here's one) most of which were published around the same time, in March 2008 when the research results were made public. Even NPR got in on the buzz with an interview with one of the researchers.

Hmm. Am I just fueling the cult of Mac?

No comments:

Post a Comment