So, sometime last week I was having a moment during which I was quite peeved (to put it mildly, extremely mildly.) I started a blog post about it. Then I saved it in my drafts, where other heated, non-posts have gone, and perhaps for the better. I try to refrain from getting upset and raving like a madwoman. If I feel the same way a day or two later, at least I have some hindsight and can adjust what I wrote while in the throes to make myself seem less, well, crazy. Nobody listens to crazy people. If I have a point to make, I want to be taken seriously.
Weeks have passed following the occurrence that incited me. And, rather than getting better, even just a little as things usually do, everything has just gotten shittier and shittier.
Why, oh why, are people allowed to build things for which they cannot provide plans for worst-case scenarios. Everything breaks. That is part of one of the only certainties in life; things die, change, break. There is no such thing as permanence.
So WHY would anyone be permitted to construct something that could be so catastrophic when it does fail? Who would allow it without first having a thorough course-of-action plan for every conceivable malfunction/mistake/break/etc.? Don't tell me it's money, greed, that enables such time-bombs to be erected. No matter how true, I don't want to hear that. We've had enough time by now to learn from our big mistakes, more than enough time. There is no excuse, not one.
A little more dystopia fiction needs to be on the K-12 required reading lists. Never too early to start instilling that process of logic which connects the now to tomorrow and beyond...
*Yet another reason why these heated posts remain non-posts, I feel like I'm never done with them, just keep having more and more to add or reword, and meanwhile I'm supposed to be putting all this energy into other things, such as work, which is my current blogging location...
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Actually, the market is receptive to crazy people right now. Do you have any incomprehensible schizoid chalkboard diagrams you'd like to share? :)
ReplyDelete