Thursday, February 25, 2010

The medium-small print (a link for the legal stuff)

Below is a link to some blogging legal info (information, not advice, as the creator's disclaimer states.) Twelve U.S. laws/legal topics are listed and discussed briefly. It isn't a comprehensive list, by far, but I think it touches on main issues that would be of any concern for non-professional (ok, novice) bloggers like myself.

Blogger Law
FWIW, I'm viewer # 25,992. Yay. (*Update: When I returned to the site, the number had dropped. What the...?)

Most of these are things you'd think are obvious but there are some details in the spelled-out versions of what's lawful and what's not that were news to me, such as under copyright law, #7, deleting user submitted content from your own website could be considered unlawful if you don't provide a terms of service agreement. Just deleting! (I guess that does fall under "manipulating"...)

*The article was posted in May of 2008; even though this is the internet we're talking about here, I'd think that's pretty recent as far as legal matters go. There are also related links that provide more information and look like the kinds of sites that would be updated semi-frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment