Wow. Just when it seems things are getting a little bit under control, I realize I have a blog I'm supposed to be posting to regularly. Haven't forgotten the blog, just the posting regularly part.
I still think it's both a really good but also quite inconvenient fact of life that we cannot access the internet with our minds. (Though it's almost that easy for some.)
Have been reminding myself recently on how un-funny I can be in my writing. I think the funniest moments that happen in any story I write are by accident, pointed out by other people. At least half, and not counting mistakes/typos like "bowel" when it's supposed to be "bowl."
I'm trying to write a light, humorous story about a regular day in the office. Except I want it to sound super exciting/adventurous/semi-fantastical rather than regular. Maybe I should write about somebody else's office day. Mine may have passed the point of no return as far as banality, to the point where I can't even imagine it being exciting, not even with capes and cartoon animation and carnivorous paper-shredders. It's all so ho-hum-yawn.
There was a time when I liked the word "banal" and all it meant, a lot, because it seemed everything that is described as such usually isn't actually...such. (?) Anyway...
So the story formulating goes on, and if in the end it isn't funny because it's outrageous, perhaps it will be so because it's sad. (Heh. Only joking, still going for the former. Ok, only slightly joking...)
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment