Sunday, January 31, 2010

First. Blog. Ever.

Blogging isn't something I've ever felt compelled to do. Not even a little bit. And I would not be doing it unless it was for a purpose, such as a class assignment. Which happens to be the reason this blog exists. It's a good reason, enough of one to make me not feel silly about it. Some people have a lot to write about, stuff that warrants keeping a blog; specialized topics, a very interesting/bizarre life, documentation of milestone life events, etc.. I've read some pretty good blogs. Then there are those who have little to write about, and aren't very good at writing about nothing to boot. Yet they keep blogging away anyhow. Of course, everyone has a voice and the right to put it out there. More power to those who exercise it. I myself would rather not waste space on the internet with a blog of my own that has little or no purpose and may not be worthwhile without one. Because, to me, that would be silly. Plus, to keep a blog requires a certain degree of persistence, ambition. Consistency. These are things which, lately, I posses trace amounts of, especially when it comes to doing something frivolous on the internet.
This, however, is internet frivolousness with a purpose. And so, without further reservation, hesitation and explanation, I blog.
Here is a picture of my dog.
(Why yes, that was fun.)

He's a sweet little monster.
*I tried to post a photo in class last week, messing around and getting to know blogger.com. I was unsuccessful then, so it was my mission to successfully post Boomer in here. Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment